We are pleased to invite you to a PolarSys day on December 3rd at Ericsson offices in Kista near Stockholm. The number of places is limited, so please register now on Eventbrite.
Started 18 months ago, PolarSys just delivered the first PolarSys IDE binaries milestones which provide a tools chain for the development of embedded systems.
This PolarSys day will present the PolarSys strategy, and the commitment of large organizations like Ericsson and Airbus.
In the afternoon, we will present the current status of the technology, and the new features you can expect soon in the IDE.
- 09:00 Welcome coffee
- 09:30 Introduction to PolarSys Working Group - Gaël Blondelle - Eclipse Foundation
- 10:00 Ericsson strategy regarding to Open Source tools for Embedded Systems - Francis Bordeleau/Dominique Toupin - Ericsson
10:40 Coffee break
- 11:00 Airbus strategy regarding to Open Source tools for Embedded Systems - Pierre Gaufillet - Airbus
- 11:40 Roundtable with the providers about their role in PolarSys: Combitech, CEA, Obeo
- 13:30 Overview of PolarSys IDE - Pierre Gaufillet - Airbus/PolarSys chairman
- 13:45 Papyrus: the UML/SysML editor - Sébastien Gérard - CEA List
- 14:15 EMF Compare and EGit: Modeling in a team environment - Mikaël Barbero - Obeo
- 14:45 Architecture modeling using ArCon for Automatic Inspection and Domain Specific Modeling Support - Gert Johansson - Combitech
- 15:05 Boosting the ArCon community - Bjorn Lundell/Jonas Gamalielsson - University of Skövde
15:15 Coffee break
- 15:30 Chess, a new PolarSys project providing a model-driven, component-based methodology and tool support for the development of high-integrity systems. - Silvia Mazzini - Intecs
- 15:50 Sirius: graphical editors for your DSL - Mikaël Barbero - Obeo
- 16:30 Wrap-up and open discussion
This meeting will be located in Stockholm, Kista, Ericsson Building 10, Isafjordsgatan 10. See the Map of Ericsson's office in Kista.
The next Polarsys Face to Face meeting will take place in Ludwigsburg, the day before EclipseCon Europe in the Forum (the venue of the conference).
This is a unique opportunity to meet PolarSys members, and to also other interested parties like the Automotive Working Group with which we join for a common meeting in the afternoon.
More details on the dedicated PolarSys wiki page.
Montreal Aerospace hosts a Polarsys networking event with Airbus and Ericsson at the Hyatt Regency Montréal.
Patrick Farail from Airbus, Dominique Toupin from Ericsson and Ralph Mueller from the Eclipse Foundation will tell you more about the PolarSys ecosystem.
Open Source modelling tools in embedded projects: A key factor in improving productivity and maintainability will be presented on Thursday July 4th, 17:00-17:30 at the conference EUFORUM - Innovative Softwareentwicklung im Automobil in Pierre Gaufillet, Software Engineering Specialist at AIRBUS and chairman of PolarSys, will expose why the avionics division of AIRBUS has chosen to introduce open source in its tools and what is the return of experience to date.
For the first year, the Eclipse Foundation organizes a conference in France: EclipseCon France will take place on Jun 5th-6th in Toulouse. Several sessions will be related to PolarSys:
- How Polarsys and LTS IWG can help make your Eclipse tools better and eternal is general presentation of PolarSys and the Long Term Support Industry Working Group
- Software Quality: the Eclipse Way and Beyond is about setting up an improved quality model for open source components in the context of PolarSys
- PolarSys will also have a booth at the conference: we will be pleased to meet you there and to answer your questions (Wednesday, 5th June: 10:45 - 17:45, Thursday, 6th June: 9:45 - 15:15).
And last but not the least, you are welcome to the PolarSys face to face meeting organized at ENSEEIHT on Tuesday 4th June.
As usual, if you have questions before the conference, you can contact us on PolarSys mailing list.
We are pleased to invite you to join us for the next Polarsys face to face meeting will take place in Toulouse on June 4th, just the day before EclipseCon France.
4th June, 2013. 10:30 AM (welcome participants starts at 9:30)
Planned finish: 17:00
2 Rue Charles Camichel
31000 Toulouse, France
Here is the location on Google Maps.
On the morning, we will have a status about Polarsys IWG activities and Polarsys specific presentations and on the afternoon, we will join with the Auto IWG for a common session of presentations of common topics and also to exchange about converging concerns.
The agenda is not fixed for the moment, so feel free to drop an email to the list to propose a presentation either in the morning or in the afternoon. Please give us a title, a presenter name, and a showt description of your presentation.
The ideal follow-up of this meeting is to participate to EclipseCon France 2013 on June 5th and 6th. The program is very interesting with several presentations around industry return of experience, modeling and other system engineering stuff. Check it out at http://www.eclipsecon.org/france2013/program/sessions.
Don't wait the last minute to register: http://www.eclipsecon.org/france2013/registration
Hope to see you all there!
Interested in PolarSys? Meet us at EclipseCon 2013 in Boston!
A large part of PolarSys members will attend this great conference. They will be pleased to give you an overview of the IWG and to listen to your suggestions. As usual, you can contact us on PolarSys mailing list, but don't hesitate to participate to the BoF scheduled on Monday 25th, 8:00pm-9:00pm and Wednesday 27th, 8:00pm-9:00pm : these discussions about 3P - PolarSys Packaging Project - and Industry Working Groups in general are also a chance to discover the actors of PolarSys.
PolarSys: the open industrial revolution of Embedded Systems development will be presented on Wednesday October 24th, 16:00-16:30 at Eclipsecon Europe 2012 in the Theater. This presentation will focus on the impacts of PolarSys on Eclipse project leaders and committers. The conference is also a chance to talk to the core team of the Industry Working Group: meet us around the IWG booth!