Reviews run for a minimum of one week. The outcome of the review is decided on this date. This is the last day to make comments or ask questions about this review.
Much more than just yet another modelling tool, Capella is a model-based engineering solution that has been successfully deployed in a wide variety of industrial contexts. Based on a graphical modelling workbench, it provides systems, software and hardware architects with rich methodological guidance relying on Arcadia, a comprehensive model-based engineering method.
- Ensure engineering-wide collaboration by sharing the same reference architecture
- Master the complexity of systems and architectures
- Define the best optimal architectures through trade-off analysis
- Master different engineering levels and traceability with automated transition and information refinement
Capella 0.8.2 features:
- Enhancements for State Machines
The project leadership certifies that the APIs in this release are "Eclipse Quality".
There is no specific issue detected on the Capella solution architecture.
- Providing basic components from the Kitalpha Core Technology Kit (e.g. Transposer)
- Extending Capella with Viewpoints for System co-engineering
Capella is extensible with add-ons (available in a specific Git repository)
- System to Subsystem Transition
- XML Pivot
- HTML DocGen
A first preliminary version of Capella Studio has been made available through Capella website. Capella Studio aims at creating Capella Viewpoints (also available in a specific Git repository).
There is no specific security issue detected on the Capella solution.
All communication links regarding Capella solution are up-to-date:
- Wiki with "News" section
Website with different sections:
- Installation instructions on Getting Started page
- Community links
- Download page for Capella solution and Documentation
- Events around Capella solution (conferences, talks, etc.)
- Links to YouTube dedicated channel for Capella as well as LinkedIn page and Twitter
- Project page
- In-Flight Entertainment and Alarm Clock sample use-cases has been made available through Capella website with associated documentation
- Bugzilla, Hudson instance.
The quality is ensured through:
- The quality of the development, that is subject to Gerrit reviews
- The quality of code expected by the contributors and defined in the Technical Information and Software Development Process established for the solution
Capella solution UI is compliant with User Interface Guidelines.
The workbench is decomposed as shown in the Wiki figure:
- On the left, the Capella "model" project explorer
- In the center, the Overview for Arcadia phases and Diagrams editors
- Property views and Semantic browser at the bottom
- Fast linker (optional) in the bottom left-hand corner providing facilities for diagrams edition
No APIs and significant features are intended to be deprecated in a near future.
Improvements this year on Capella solution feature:
- Performance increase
- Palettes customization
- Development of extensions / connectors towards specialty environments
User, adopter and developer/committer:
- Initiator of the Capella solution: Thales
Consortium of the 3-years Clarity project
- Improvement of the Capella solution: bug fixes, improvements (functional, non-functional), enhancements
- Training to the methodology,
- Coaching to ease the adoption
- Books being written (Reference, Encyclopedia, Exercises)
- Sustainability ensured with support, training and coaching
- External partners showing interest in Capella solution through available communication means:
- Dissemination: Publications, Talks, Conferences (EclipseCon France, Europe, NA, PolarSys Day, etc.), are referenced in the website dedicated page
- Active forum (~150 msg), mailing-list and Bugzilla
- The first documentation has been made available for download in the website
- Gerrit is enabled to accept external contributions: Changes are uploaded to Gerrit but don’t actually become a part of the project until they’ve been reviewed and accepted by a committer
- Capella is built on the Capella HIPP