The COTSAQ project provides a web based solution for managing Intellectual Property of software and systems. The project's scope includes the following:
Providing management of Intellectually Property (IP) including the ability:
- To manage product or component life cycle.
- To query all information about a component or product (name, version, copyright, license, website etc).
- To track discussions, acceptance and rejection status of a component.
- To generate various synthetic reports and documents.
- Developing a web based application.
- Developing server oriented components for use by the web based application.
- Providing installers for usual server platforms like Linux distributions or Microsoft Windows.
- Ensuring multi-platform and database support.
- Ensuring compliance with standards like SPDX.
- Providing extension points for customization.
Source code scanning is outside the projects scope.