OpenCert is a product and process assurance/certification management tool to support the compliance assessment and certification of safety-critical systems in sectors such as aerospace, railway and automotive. The main tool features include:
- Capture information from Standards (e.g. safety functional standards such as ISO 26262, IEC 61508, etc.).
- Specify company specific Processes or Rules.
- Map Knowledge from different Standards to know better their equivalences and reuse opportunities.
Assurance Project Management
- Create Safety Assurance Project.
- Define Safety Assurance Project Baseline.
- Define access permission for users.
- Define modular assurance structure.
- Develop claims and links to evidence.
- Specify argumentation module assumptions.
- Validate argumentation module assumptions.
- Determine the evidence to provide.
- Collect and characterise evidence items information.
- Specify traceability between evidence items.
- Perform evidence change impact analysis.
- Check process compliance against Standards (e.g. functional safety standards)
- Measure and estimate safety metrics.
- Specify traceability between process items.