Reviews run for a minimum of one week. The outcome of the review is decided on this date. This is the last day to make comments or ask questions about this review.
The major features of the release are:
- Standards & Regulations Information Management: This feature supports management of knowledge about standards (e.g. IEC61508, DO178C, ISO26262, EN 50128/50126/50129, among others), regulations and interpretations, in a form that can be stored, retrieved, categorized, associated, searched and browsed.
- Assurance ‘Project’ Management: Functionalities concerned with the development of assurance cases (safety and security cases), evidence management, and assurance process management. They include: guidance and re-use of assurance artefacts, ability to automate the most labor-intensive activities (e.g., traceability, compliance checking, assurance process planning, and metrics management, among others)
- Assurance Case Management: This feature manages argumentation information in a modular fashion. Assurance cases are a structured form of an argument that specifies convincing justification that a system is adequately dependable for a given application in a given environment. Assurance cases are modelled as connections between claims and their evidence. It also includes mechanisms to support assurance patterns management.
- Compliance Management: The OpenCert tools help ‘engineers’ assess where they are with respect to their duties to conform to safety practices and standards, and still to motivate them to see the effective progress of the work and level of compliance.
- Reuse Assistant. This feature in to facilitate reusing models or subset of models between Assurance Projects.
- CDO storage. Models are stored in a centralised CDO server.
- Real-time collaboration feature on model’s edition.
- Collaboration with external tools: EPF Composer, CHESS Toolset, Verification Studio, MORETO...
- Web site with several reports presenting analytical view from assurance data stored in CDO Storage.
- Partial implementation of a Dashboard using Eclipse Amalgamation.
- Partial implementation of a Security Module using CDO/Security Manager.
The project leadership certifies that the APIs in this release are "Eclipse Quality".
No architectural issues identified
Several security issues in the Opencert dependencies has identified using the Vulnerability Assesment tool made by SAP.
Some explanation about the history of the Project can be found in the Eclipse Opencert project site.
The user manual and the developer guidance has been updated and available on the Eclipse Opencert project site.
Many interesting videos for training can be found on:
The Opencert user interface is adherent to the Eclipse user interface.